Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Kate - I THANK YOU for Caring

Although many people think that the Showtime's hit series The L Word is overrated; I still look forward to the next season although it didn't give us a lot to hold on to for the next 9 months. When I find something utterly interesting for example a TV show I tend to go deeper than the text book (i.e. the script), I can't just watch and be totally incoherent, I feel the need to unravel the real color of the people who plays the character on TV hence the endless research about the cast-only the ones I admire. I would like to know that they are so much more than that of the character that they play. The ones that I find endearingly amazing are Kate Moennig and Leisha Hailey.

Kate was on a teenage TV show called Young Americans she was also seen in Art School Confidential, Invitation to Suicide and a film called Shipping News etc.
Leisha on the other hand have been in the spot light since she was a kid, I first knew of her from listening to a 2 piece band The Murmurs, and then I later discovered that Leisha was also in this old TV show called When Boy Meets Girl and so many other appearances in TV and music industry, she currently have a new band called Uh Huh Her they haven't put up a website as of yet, perhaps they are still too busy working on their EP and I hope it's nothing less than what The Murmurs have established over the past decade.

While Leisha is an openly admitted Lesbian; Kate Moennig never talks about her sexuality which I am pretty bummed out about or maybe I don't really care much for I absolutely hope and believe that she is a lesbian. There is not a single part of her body that tells me she is straight, remember Gaydar? Yeah we all have it implanted in our system and her signal is so much stronger than
Etisalat could ever produce! In fact she kinda help me realized who I am.

So I did some searching about her and I am deeply overwhelmed to discover what a wonderful person she is. And in my very little way I am grateful of what she is doing. The only question I have about her documentary is: Now that they know how hostile the lives of these kids are; will they do more than just film them?

My Address with K. Moennig:


Leisha and Kate's funny podcast:


7 comments:

ezou said...

If u like TV shows u should get my Job they pay me to watch TV :P

lois said...

nahh...i dOn't watch a lOt Of TV really..i am Only interested with the Ones that is significant tO me...if yOu click the links in Kate's dOcumentary it's pretty interesting...tO me atleast

lois said...

p.s sO ur a Media Planner huh?

ezou said...

No I don't realy watch TV, I just watch it for 23->26 hours a day :P, all while working on my PC.
No i'm no media planner, but I monitor some stations for playout recordings and broadcasting, and things like that....... I know I'm tooooooooo boring :(

lois said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lois said...

26 hOurs a day? huh?!?...i thOught the world Only revOlve arOund 24 hOurs!..hOly cOw what did i miss?!? did we change the length Of time in a day while i was watchin tOO much gay TV?

ezou said...

24 hours ?
where do you live :S ?
here we have 24 hours for ordinary ppl days....
and 2 extra for special ppl........ :D