Thursday, May 15, 2008

Isn't it Ironic?... says Alanis

I’m slightly irritated but not as much as I'm amused by the poor people who try ever so hard not to show that they care if not obsessed over someone still by saying “I don’t care”

Why write about this? Since I asked, let me just recollect all my bizarre memories and experiences of countless souls that dodged the icky feeling of obsession over another person. I talk so much everyone knows that, but when it comes to my shrink chair I am all ears to everyone who is anyone who is going through some blah-ness in their lives. Sometimes they talk about their would-be significant other, used-to-be significant other, want-to-be significant other, or just somebody who is someone. After the endless ranting and raving it ends with “I never really care about her/him anyway”, “I never really love him/her”, I don’t give a shit!” Sometimes they write on their shout out. “I’m too busy to care” but apparently not busy enough to have a time to write that shout out down.
At some point when they accidentally hear an update about that someone, they update the shout out to “I’m too happy to be affected” Whaaaat? LOFL! I don’t get this, seriously, my idea of not caring for real is to just NOT CARE period, shut the fuck up, just live your life, enough with the contradicting statement and move on. It makes me beef and I don’t even know why. It’s just so booooo!

If you think about it, the musicians that writes song about their ex and bash them in the lyrics and pretend that they are over them and done with them. Well what the hell are they still singin about then? For someone who is done and over with they had to still spend sometime reminiscing and reliving the painful memory and write a song about it. That doesn’t look like DONE to me. And that’s the irony of this whole thing with people who sing about goodbye, bitterness and denial. In their lyrics they claim they have moved on. Yeah clearly, I mean ok the mean lyrics is one way of getting back at the painful experience and somewhere somehow some depressed heartbroken somebody is going to obsess over that song and then a whole bunch of other depressed people likes that song and then it becomes number 1.Well awesome! I mean I would also writer a song about my bitterness to make money out of it but then again at the end of the day I would realized I never really gotten over it and even more so sunk myself in it cuz this stupid song that I wrote will follow me till eternity and that memory will carve an even deeper scar on me. But then I can always use the cash! Lol! I just can't be bothered
All I’m saying is why are people so hypocritical? I won't say I never did because it's a lie. I always admit that I liked that someone but now I don't feel that way anymore. It's not so hard to say it, why the pretentions? I don't get the pretentions! I just can't lie to myself - I won't be able to sleep like a baby at night. :-)
I’m blah-ing about this cuz it makes me sad to watch them torture themselves.

No comments: